Think it’s hard to make perfect rice every time well think again! No more sticky, burned pots, overcooked mush or under cooked rice. This technique will enable you to make perfect rice without the need of a rice cooker. This is a must know tip for any gluten free cook – as we all know folks with a gluten intolerance eat a lot of rice.
This technique works well for any long or short grain rice like Basmati, whole grain or Jasmine rice. The only type of rice this procedure is not ideal for is instant rice.
The cooking procedure is similar to that of pasta, where the rice is boiled in a large amount of salted water. This allows the rice to cook, but prevent the rice from sticking together and to the bottom of the pan.
Just follow these few easy steps and you’ll have perfect rice every time:
- Use a large pot of sated boiling water. Be sure to season well as the salt is what will season your rice.
- Use long or short grain rice, but don’t use instant rice.ccThe more rice you want to cook, the more water you should use.
- Add rice to boiling water and then reduce heat slightly so it comes to a simmer. Mix once to make sure rice is not stuck to the bottom of the pot and is not stuck together.
- Cook for the recommended time as instructed on the package. Set a timer as it makes things easier for you.
- Mix one more time during cooking and drain in colander once cooking time is reached.
- Fluff with a fork and let rest for about three minutes.
- Fluff one more time before serving.
If you follow these easy steps, you’ll never be afraid to cook rice in a pot again! Good luck and enjoy.